2017 - Phase IV - System adaptation
- Ioana NEAGU, "Fast Predictive Text Input on Mobile Devices", Bachelor
2016 - Phase III: Integration and Evaluation
- Alexandru Moldovan, "Improving Sentence-level Alignment of Speech with
Imperfect Transcripts using Utterance Concatenation and VAD", Bachelor
- Laurentiu Rogean, "Predictive Text Input on Mobile Devices", Bachelor thesis, 2016
2015 - Phase II: Experimental components development
- Ștefan Prișcă, "Language Independent, User Oriented Auto-completion", Bachelor Thesis, 2015
- Cătălin Gabriel Stan, "Text autocompletion based on the user's input history", Bachelor Thesis, 2015
- Anamaria Mihaela Beleiu, "Supervised learning for lexical stress discovery in Romanian", Bachelor Thesis, 2015
- Diana Maria Balc, "Supervised Learning for Romanian Language Syllabification", Bachelor Thesis, 2015
- Alexandru Marchiș, "Romanian words syllabification based on pre-computed data search", Masters Thesis, 2015
- Grigore Toth, "Software tools and comparative studies on POS tagging for Romanian and English languages. Application on text to speech synthesis", Bachelor Thesis, 2015
- Răzvan Ghica, "Adaptive filters applied for speech enhancement", Bachelor Thesis, 2015.
- Daniela Domnici, "A web-based tool for the subjective evaluation of synthetic voices", Bachelor Thesis, 2015.
2015 - Summer internships
During the summer of 2015 we offered internship opportunities for a number of selected students from the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and
Information Technology to join the "Speech Processing" research group and to
explore various topics related to the challenges in "Swara" project, as
- Automatic Part of Speech Tagging for Romanian (Popp Lucian, Toth Nandor, 3rd year BSc Telecom.);
- Text normalization for several categories of words (Rigan Levente, Bede Domokos, 3rd year BSc Telecom.)
- Experiments using language models for text prediction (Stancovici Georgian, Rogean Laurentiu, Iovan Paul, 3rd year BSc Telecomm.)
- Experiments using speech segmentation at syllable level (Ferenc Izsak, Sandy Endre, Comorasu Lucian, 3rd year BSc Electronics).
2014 - Phase I: Resources & Specifications
- Dana Toșa, "Experiments on speech and text alignment of audiobooks data. Applications for text to speech synthesis", Bachelor Thesis , 2014.
- Patricia Costin, "Automatic syllable segmentation of speech signals using the sonority function", Bachelor Thesis 2014.
- Alin Rusu, "Prediction of words polarity and user feedback for sentiment analysis in text data", Bachelor Thesis, 2014.
- Sebastian Rus, "Automatic voice selection of a target speaker from broadcasted news using a diarization toolkit", Bachelor Thesis, 2014.
- Marius Hantig, "Automatic recognition of speech emotions using prosodic features", Bachelor Thesis, 2014.